This post is about reducing your risk and staying healthy amid the covid 19 pandemic. Weber Chiropractic has put together some steps you can take to prevent the spread limit your own exposure:
Are you sick? How to know if you have COVID-19…
If you have signs of illness, most likely you have the common cold or the flu. According to Dr. Bruce Aylward of the World Health Organization, 90% of COVID-19 patients have a high fever as an early symptom and 70% have a dry cough (without a runny nose). If you have a high fever, dry cough, and/or shortness of breath, call your family doctor or pediatrician. They will help determine if you or your child need to be seen immediately. Otherwise, you likely have either the flu or the common cold. In any case, it is best to stay home and limit your contact with others until you are healthy again.
What can you do to support your body’s immune response?
There are many natural ways to help your body fight infections:
• We all know the basics by now – cover coughs properly, wash hands with soap and water frequently, and especially before eating or touching your face. Wipe down communal surfaces in your home and car frequently with disinfectant or soapy water (doorknobs, remotes, steering wheels, etc.).
• Be sure you and family members stay well-hydrated and get plenty of sleep.
• Eat a healthy diet, limiting added sugars, caffeine, and alcohol, all of which weaken the immune response. Eat as many fresh foods as possible, as they are chock-full of vitamins and micro-nutrients that support your immune response.
• Specific foods that support our immune systems include ginger, garlic and lemon.
• Supplements can also help boost your immune response, including Sambucus (aka elderberry); probiotics; and vitamins A, C, and D.
• Please feel free to talk with our doctors if you’d like more information for your specific health care needs.
Chiropractors Newberg at Weber Chiropractic are available and ready to answer any questions you might have whether relative to the current pandemic of Covid-19 or help with injury recovery. Weber Chiropractic in Newberg, Oregon is available now, contact us at 503-538-1232